Archiving the grace and gifts of God in the lives of Peter, Kristen, Laurel, Alexa, Lindsey, and Wesley.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baby #2 and Baby #3

So the story on our twins... :) We found out that we were pregnant at the end of February. Since I hit 6 weeks, I have been so nauseous and sick. I felt like it was so much worse than it was with Laurel. I'm getting sick most mornings and staying nauseous the rest of the day. The only things that I can really stand to eat right now are grilled chicken, cereal, oatmeal, french fries :) and some types of bread. I have to stop here and say that Peter has been AMAZING. He's had to take on so much with me being so sick, but he has cheerfully loved me and served me well. He's been an amazing encourager and supporter and I am praising God for my man! :) I was starting to wonder about twins because I've been so sick and it was just a feeling, but I just thought I was being silly and pushed it out of my mind. I had my first appointment a little past 8 weeks with one of the midwives and her student midwife. I went by myself because I knew it was going to be a long appointment, but what an appointment for Peter to miss! When she went to do the ultrasound, she told me that she was going to look first, and then once she saw what she needed, she would turn the screen to me. The machine was small so I couldn't see too much before she completely turned the screen to me, but it looked like there was more going on on the screen than when I saw our first picture of Laurel. :) The whole moment is just a blur to me but I remember her immediately saying she saw more than one and her saying something like "there's one heartbeat...and there's another heartbeat." I was so excited and surprised, but not as surprised as I thought I would be! It was just an amazing moment just seeing these two little ones! The sad thing was that they didn't have their shipment in of ultrasound paper for these little machines so I didn't get to take home any pictures! There would have been some good ones too! At the end, she was just got it positioned just right so we could see both babies hanging out with their little hearts beating. Praise God, both babies are measuring well! Baby A was measuring at 8 weeks, 1 day and Baby B was measuring at 8 weeks. Now I am transferred to the care of the OB GYNs and I couldn't be more excited and thankful for the reason! I have my appointment with them in about two weeks and hopefully I'll get to see them again, get to hear their heartbeats this time and find out if the OB thinks their identical or fraternal! (From my very untrained eye, I thought they were identical because they appeared to be in the same sac, but we'll see what the OB says).

As far as Laurel, she'll tell you that there are two babies in my mommy's tummy and she'll rub my tummy. I am not sure how much she really understands, but she understands the concepts of little brothers and sisters because of her cousins. On a funny note, she thinks that the babies are boys and that we should name them Sarah and Abraham. :)

These babies have been long prayed for and we still can't get over how God has chosen to answer. We are just in AWE of what God has done! Please join with us in praying for these two new blessings and for our almost 3-year old blessing as she adjusts tothe changes! Pray that they will keep growing and developing well and that this will be a healthy pregnancy. We thank God for these indescribable gifts!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am SO thrilled for ya'll!!! Praying for your family as you prepare for these sweet blessings!!!!

Elizabeth Ashford said...

i love you so much! thanks for updating your blog!