Archiving the grace and gifts of God in the lives of Peter, Kristen, Laurel, Alexa, Lindsey, and Wesley.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

15 weeks!

As of yesterday, we are 15 weeks! It has been great to be in the second trimester! In the past week and a half to two weeks, I have felt so much better! I am definitely getting my appetite back and I am feeling so much better. I still get sick every now and then, but the key for me has been to eat often and to sit up for awhile after I take my vitamins at night.

I had my 15 week appointment today! I was happy to see that I had gained 7 pounds! With the reading that I'm doing, I'm learning how important it is to gain a lot of the weight in the beginning. That has been really hard for me with being so sick in the first trimester, but now that I'm feeling better, it's nice to see some weight coming on. The doctor just planned to measure me and to listen for the heartbeats today. She found one heartbeat (155 bpm), but she was having trouble finding the other one. She said that was totally normal at this stage, but we would just go ahead and look at them. I told her that I didn't mind getting to see them. :) So I heard one sweet little heartbeat and got to see two precious babies and two precious heartbeats. The doctor said she was just looking in the wrong place. She said that one was just a little lower than she was looking. I was sad this was my last appointment with my doctor. She has been absolutely phenomenal.

Being the awesome doctor that she is, she actually suggested and had her nurse call and move the big ultrasound up to NEXT WEEK since we're moving and would have missed our appointment. That was such a fun unexpected surprise! I'm excited to see these two little ones, see how they're growing, learn more about them, and hopefully learn if they are boys, girls, or one of each!

Hopefully, I'll get a belly picture posted and taken one of these days. We are growing!!

No comments: