Archiving the grace and gifts of God in the lives of Peter, Kristen, Laurel, Alexa, Lindsey, and Wesley.

Monday, July 25, 2011

25 weeks!

How far along? 25 weeks!

Total weight gain: As of my 24 week appointment-- 30 pounds! I had gained 13 pounds in 4 weeks and the nurse that weighed me had me get on the scale again after I was already in the exam room to make sure she got that right. Ha! When she weighed me the second time, she said, "You're having twins, right?" Everything I've read about multiples talks about how important it is to gain weight, particularly in the beginning, so I'm happy about it, especially since the girls are growing well and I haven't heard a thing about it from the doctos!

How big are the babies?: According to my weekly babycenter.com email, about 13 and 1/2 inches long. At my 24 week growth appointment, they were both estimated to weigh about 1 pound, 8 ounces!

Maternity clothes: Oh yes.

Stretch marks?: I think what's leftover from Laurel, but bring 'em on if it means we're growing!

Sleep?: Depends on the night. Some nights are great and I only really wake up to use the restroom. Other nights, I am constantly switching sides which also means moving my body pillow, which makes it more of an ordeal. Occasionally I'll wake up around 2 or 3 and have trouble getting back to sleep for a couple hours. Then all my tossing and turning wakes the twins up and I start feeling them move around! I will take it as preparation for two precious newborns, so I really can't complain.

Best moment this week? Peter being able to feel them move for the first time over a week ago, a great report at the doctor last week, and getting to see them today in 3D at the ultrasound!

Movement?: Lots and especially in the morning! The ultrasound tech confirmed their positions where I thought they were, so most of the time I think I can tell their movements apart!

Food cravings?: Pretty much the same-- Orange juice, blueberries, peaches, cheese, mint chocolate chip ice cream, Moes, and I've never had one, but I really want an orange smoothie.



Labor signs: Thankfully none yet.

Belly button in or out? In and getting flatter

Names: We have them decided, but are keeping it a surprise! :)

What I’m looking forward to: Seeing the girls' movements more and our ultrasound next week.



We are praising God for what He is doing and how He is sustaining us and these little girls! We are praising Him for our great report from the doctor last week! At my last appointment, Baby Girl B had less fluid than Baby Girl A. It was not at a worrisome level, but being that my ultrasounds every 2 weeks are to check the fluid and growth because of the risks of twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome in monochorionic twins, it was something to watch. Everything looked great last week! The fluid levels hadn't changed any more and the the doctor said that the girls' growth was beautiful and spot on! Thank You Lord! I loved the doctor I saw yesterday and she was really encouraging and basically was saying that there is a range of normal for fluid levels and even though they are twins, they are still two different babies. So I'll go back next week for another ultrasound to check on fluid, and then again in 3 weeks for a growth check and the glucose test!




We were able to get some good 3D pictures of the girls yesterday. It's so fun watching them move around on the ultrasound! They are always in each others' way! The way the ultrasound tech was explaining it to me...even though there is a membrane between them and they can't touch skin to skin, the membrane is very pliable and they can feels the bumps and kicks against it. At the appointment, Baby Girl A was head down on my lower right and Baby Girl B was breech on my left side.




Baby Girl A with her hands against her face as Baby Girl B's bottom is against her





We finally got to see sweet Baby A's face!


Baby Girl B with her hands on the sides of her head as she's getting kicked by Baby Girl A



Baby Girl B with her hands on the side of her head and her own foot in her face!





And a belly pic for 25 weeks taken yesterday We are growing!

No comments: