Archiving the grace and gifts of God in the lives of Peter, Kristen, Laurel, Alexa, Lindsey, and Wesley.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

34 week update!

We are at 34 weeks!! It is definitely a big milestone for twins and we are so excited!

How far along? 34 Weeks

Total weight gain: 50+ pounds...just stopped paying attention now! I'll get weighed again at my appointment on Friday.

How big are the babies?: According to the BabyCenter email, about 4 and 3/4 pounds. I'll have another growth scan next week or the week after to get more specific estimates of the size of our girls.

Maternity clothes: In the final stretch, we are down to the last few. I have my few going out shirts and then I have raided Peter's t-shirt drawer to help out.

Stretch marks?: Oh yes!

Sleep?: It's been rough. A lot of times, I'll wake up around 2:00 and not be able to get back to sleep because I just can't get comfortable. However, I must say last night (probably from pure exhaustion), I was able to get back to sleep somewhat easily every time I woke up and I got a decent night's sleep. I am thankful that it's helping prepare me for when the babies arrive though.

Best moment this week? Seeing the girls on the ultrasound and hearing that they are doing so well!

Movement?: I feel them off and on a lot during the day. Laurel was never really head down so these girls' movements are fairly different than what I felt when I was pregnant with her. It's been fun! Also, generally around 4 am, Baby Girl A is awake and starts moving for the day.

Food cravings?: Depends on the day...but right now, icees from Target and chocolate covered pretzels.

Labor signs: I guess some braxton hicks? I haven 't felt any real contractions that I know of.

Belly button in or out? Not in, but not quite out yet either.

Names: We have them decided, but are keeping it a surprise! :)

What I’m looking forward to: Finishing up the babies room! It is just about done, just working on some finishing touches for the wall! I'll post pictures when it's all done!


The past two weeks have been pretty rough for me. On top of not sleeping well, I'm definitely just feeling it more physically. I can never seem to get comfortable and it's never cool enough for me! I just felt like I hit a wall physically and am just so ready for the babies to be here! But, those are just the realities of a twin pregnancy. I am so thankful for this humbling privilege and I would gladly experience this 1000 times over for these precious blessings. At my appointment yesterday, everything looked really great with the girls! They both got 8 out of 8 on their biophysical profiles and the blood flow from the placenta looked good. Right now they are still both head down and I am praying they stay that way! Baby Girl A is turned toward my back and has her head pretty far down in my pelvis (according to the ultrasound tech), so between her position and all the baby limbs, a picture of Baby Girl A was just not going to happen! However, the ultrasound tech managed to get a picture for us of Baby Girl B! We haven't had any pictures since 26 weeks, so it was so neat to see how much bigger she looked!! The Lord knew that having a picture of one of the girls was JUST the boost that I needed right now. We want these girls to stay put for at least 2 to 3 more weeks because it's best for them! 36 weeks is our big goal and any extra time after that is great! It is our prayer that these girls will be healthy and we will be able to bring them home from the hospital when we go home.


And here is sweet Baby Girl B at 34 weeks

No comments: